Faith at home with St Mary’s Church Sunday Club
This week is very special because we are remembering the time when Jesus returned to Heaven to be with God, but He left his disciples with a special message to follow His teaching and love one another.
You can find an Ascension colouring page here
Something to make
Craft supplies you will need:
- Blue cups or cups covered with blue construction paper (or painted blue).
- Cotton balls and glue.
- Ribbon, yarn or thin strip of white tulle or whatever you have on hand.
- Jesus paper figurine. (or the child can draw their own but make sure it will fit in the cup!)
- gently pull the cotton wool balls apart to make fluffy clouds.
- spread glue on their cups.
- Poke a hole through the top of your cup. (help may be required!)
- Thread the tulle/ribbon/yarn through the hole-punch and then poke it through the hole in the cup.
- The idea is that you can pull the string and ‘lift’ the Jesus figuring up into the clouds. Let the child play and dramatize the story for you over and over and over again!
This week’s Gospel is the Ascension, when Jesus went to join the Father in heaven. This video tells the story.
Families and children are warmly welcome at St Mary’s and we have close links with Great & Little Shelford CofE (A) Primary School, which is next door to the church.